Cole Harbour, Nova Scotia
Cole Harbour city sign
Cole Harbour & Westphal planning area of municipal Halifax
|Municipality||Halifax Regional Municipality|
|Community council||Harbour East - Marine Drive Community Council|
|District||4 - Cole Harbour - Westphal|
|Time zone||UTC-4 (AST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-3 (ADT)|
|Canadian Postal code|
|Area code(s)||782, 902|
Cole Harbour is adjacent to and immediately east of the former city boundary of Dartmouth; prior to municipal amalgamation and the creation of the Halifax Regional Municipality in 1995, Cole Harbour was an unincorporated village within the Municipality of the County of Halifax. Because of amalgamation in the Halifax region, Canada Post recognizes most of Cole Harbour's residents as living in neighboring Dartmouth.
The centre of Cole Harbour is at the intersection of Forest Hills Parkway and Route 207 (Cole Harbour Road). A small business district is situated along Route 207 with several residential subdivisions such as Forest Hills and Colby Village located north and south of this road.
Extensive residential and commercial development took place during the 1970s and 1980s following completion of Highway 111 and the widening of Cole Harbour Road.
In the early 1900s, this section of roadway 207, east of Portland Estates Blvd. to the junction of 328, or Ross road was referred to as the "BreakHeart Hills" which runs through the community of Cole Harbour to Upper Lawrencetown. There are several Metro Transit bus routes connecting Cole Harbour with Dartmouth and Halifax, including MetroLink bus rapid transit service.
Until the mid-1980s, CN Rail operated a rail line from Dartmouth to Upper Musquodoboit with part of the route crossing the southern edge of the community. The abandoned rail corridor was converted to a rail trail named the Salt Marsh Trail and is part of the Trans Canada Trail.
- Cole Harbour District High School
- Colby Village Elementary School
- George Bissett Elementary School
- Colonel John Stewart Elementary School
- Astral Drive Elementary School
- Caldwell Road Elementary School
- Joseph Giles Elementary School
- Sir Robert Borden Junior High School
- Astral Drive Junior High School
- Robert Kemp Turner Elementary School
- Cole Harbour Place
Cole Harbour is home to Royal Canadian Sea Cadet Corps IROQUOIS, recipient of the Convoy Shield for the most proficient Sea Cadet Corps in the Maritime area.
Notable people from Cole Harbour
- Major-General Blaise Cathcart, former Judge Advocate General of the Canadian Armed Forces 
- Sidney Crosby, National Hockey League 3-time Stanley Cup Winner, 2-time Hart Trophy Winner, Triple Gold Club member, 8-time All-Star and 2-time Olympic Gold Medalist
- Mike Clattenburg, Film director, writer and creator of Trailer Park Boys
- TJ Grant, UFC Lightweight fighter
- Craig Hillier, Professional hockey player
- Nathan MacKinnon, 2-time National Hockey League All-Star and 2018 Hart Trophy Finalist
- Matt Mays, Musician/Film Producer
- John Paul Tremblay, Actor, Trailer Park Boys
- Robb Wells, Actor, Trailer Park Boys
- Jason John Whitehead, Stand up comedian
- Morgan Williams, International rugby player.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2014-02-25. Retrieved 2014-02-25.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Tourism Nova Scotia". novascotia.com. Archived from the original on 25 February 2014. Retrieved 14 January 2017.
- Defence, Government of Canada, National. "Judge Advocate General Biography - National Defence - Canadian Armed Forces". forces.gc.ca. Retrieved 14 January 2017.